Wednesday 20 June 2012

Motherless Mothers

Yesterday I attended the "Motherless Mothers" support group at St Micheal's Family Centre, Baulkam Hills. To be honest I was a bit nervous going but is was great! The group of ladies present at meeting were so welcoming (thanks ladies!) and as soon as I entered the room I felt connected with everyone there. Like women do, we had a cup of tea and a biscuit and sat around chatting. We shared similar stories of heartache losing our mothers and talked about how we still miss them dearly. We also spoke about how we coped (or didn't cope) when we had children. I was so glad to see that I wasn't the only one that really struggled when I had my first child. The hardest thing I found when I had my first child, was not having my mum around (and still do!). Any "motherless mothers" out there who would like to connect with other "motherless mothers' go along to the group. I think you will really love it and get alot out of it. The group meets on the third (3rd) Wednesday of every month at St Micheal's Family Centre, Baulkam Hills. Feel free to send me an email if you would like anymore information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...